Monday, August 10, 2015

Stay the Night

Hold on as tight as you can. Enjoy my taste and scent. Wonder if this is real and dance that line between. Feel the moments as though they are true; me reaching so deep you wonder if that heat beside you is mine.

I whisper the promises you hold in your heart and they feel so real in your chest, that I can distort your reality; make you create love where there once was none. Make hate where there was love. Ambiguity, my enemy.

Then.

Sit up in a halo of morning. Wonder. Feel what I leave behind; heat on your face, weight on your chest, those promises that taste like the sweet nectar of a lover's kiss.

But I am gone. Air once silver burned away with sunlight and those empty promises I will never keep. Soon enough you will forget me, like a fist loses water.

I am, after all, just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment