Saturday, January 17, 2015

Guidelines

So I pulled the past post for a few hours while I rechecked some submission guidelines. They can be finicky, and no two are the same. I tend to write outrageously short fiction, so when I find a place for it, I submit my work. Biker Jacket just happened one evening as I stared at a blank blogpost, and then I thought "Well? Maybe..." So. We will see.

My current longer work started with a lot of flash fic pieces that created a skeleton. I've been weaving gut and sinew along the way, and I'm pretty happy with how it's going. A little like a connect-the-dots, really.

I may rework my last book-length piece to the same structure, because it's what works best for me. That one had a lot of problems anyway because I wasn't ready to face some very uncomfortable truths about myself. I wanted to be better than me, and in doing that I wasn't being fair to those who have been in my shoes. Jay Roberts ripped open that world for me and though I've never met him, I have him to thank for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment