Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mud!

Yesterdayyyyy

Mud Outside

That was the theme for yesterday. It was nicely warm, so the dottirs and I got outside for a bit to remember what mud looks like...and why I like snow (which is today's theme for about half of the country). We played on the swings, Lokisdottir learned she can climb the rungs of the playset and fly down the slide on her own, we rearranged a few things in the yard (mostly dog poop), found out why sleds are used in snow and not mud, visited with neighbors. All in all it was a pretty good day.

Mud Inside

Yesterday was also a lot about cleaning muddy laundry. And boots. And dog paws. There's quite a bit of mud on ten acres, and I'm pretty sure the goal of my kids and dogs is to see just how much they can bring into the house. Maybe that's why I'm a fan of the extremes. The middle is mud.

Todayyyyyy

Snow Outside

I love snow. LOVE SNOW. So this threat of a foot of snow looks like an offer for a play date from the Ice Giants to me (by the way, my husband is Norwegian American--second generation and we still have contact with his family that stayed in Norway hence all the Norse references).

I love the movie Rise of the Guardians, and practically have it memorized. Jack Frost is my favorite...the writers did an amazing job at capturing the fun and mischief that would be winter in human form. That movie is an example of writers at play.

SNOWRAMP!!!

My biggest decision of the day is where to put the snowrampyesthatsoneword. When it snows enough, I shovel the deck and pile it down the stairs to make a chute for the kids. We get some serious speed with the 5 foot drop, to the point that I had to remove the garden fence because I got tired of running into it. We built on to the deck, though, and have a narrower set of stairs with railings, which means a narrower base, which means a taller ramp, which means more speed and it's not aimed AT the garden.Thing is, there are still remnants of the old ramp on the other stairs. Decisionsdecisions.

Then the Baby Walked In

No comments:

Post a Comment