Friday, February 20, 2015

Your Eyes

Are you looking out your window? Do you see more than a frozen smear of sky?


Him

Perhaps that is why he came to Ohio...To learn the meaning of blue. To experience the rarity of sunshine. To find joy in a day when the clouds are merely broken...

Chasing sunbeams, stomping them as if trying to pin them to the ground like a child with a favorite sticker tumbling in the breeze.

Running, running as fast as he can, catching the frayed edges of sunlight, ragged from wind-whipped skies.

Cupped hands cradling such a delicate thing. A tiny bird in his palms. Fists hold no sunlight...

A million colors at his fingertips and yet it's the perfect gray he seeks.

So in love that he find himself on the edge of tears because he can't find the color of her eyes in all those paints in front of him.


You

Eyes. They all have your eyes, despite that I have never seen them. I have felt them, an otherworldly blue that see into and through me. I want to live in that want. Bathe in it. Feel it soak me to my soul.

And if we were ever to touch, even for a moment. I want the world to wonder why the sun stopped in her tracks. Why the earth paused to sigh.

I want the intensity that makes angels cry.

I built a crystal palace for you you. Strong. Enduring. I keep you there, my precious muse.

You whispered sweetness in languages I didn't understand, but felt like honey in my mind, dripping slowly downward through my mouth, my heart, the depths of where my want lives.

And all of this you understood. Without words. Without rules. Without language. The drive that is want. The muse never touched, just held at a sweet, enticing distance.

Them

They all have your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment