Thursday, February 12, 2015

Crabby Mommy Powers

Today was supposed to bring me some alone time. Some peaceful time. Some time to sit, write, cipher. But it didn't. I'm tapping along between calls for "Help, mommy!!!" because the iPad will not obey. Funny thing about electronics, no? I'm ok with it, for the most part, I was before Lokisdottir discovered puzzles on the iPad. She loves puzzles, which is great, but apparently we are now taking turns. Except that in taking my turn I was just admonished for helping. I think I wanna be three-ish.

I've found, though, that if I don't write, I get crabby, so I do what I can, when I can. And right now my background cacaphony is Barbie Mermaid Tale. Yeah. I know. You raise your kids your way and I'll raise mine my way. It's why I disabled comments. I've been impressed with the Barbie movies, to be honest. Well, most of them. They use classical music, and often retell classic stories in ways that interest my girls. Swan Lake comes to mind.

Yes. I am kinda writing just to get words on the page, even though it goes against everything I believe about writing. I'm not a "slam out a first draft and fix it later" type. It doesn't work for me (back to that word count thing), and while I respect that it can work for others, it's just not me. If I don't feel my characters, I don't do them the disrespect of forcing the writing. I love them too much for that. I love writing too much to make it a chore. So when my writing seems forced here, now you know why!

I'm gonna stop now as my day just shifted gears again. We are celebrating Valentine's Day today instead of Saturday because he works. That's the thing about emergency work of any kind. Holidays are when we make them. Besides. Lokisdottir has decided I need a check-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment