Sunday, February 23, 2014

Signifying Nothing

From Memory!

Here I am trying to do this from memory...with any luck this will work. If not, well, I'm still learning. I'm funny like that, and that particular funniness really reared its head when I was waitressing.

I could not get orders right, I messed up the simplest things (like, "Excuse me I need a fork" and I would return with a spoon or a beer). I was horrible. It didn't help that I was working at a Chinese restaurant, and was yelled at in Chinese. Frequently. Then one day, all the other waitresses called in sick. It was a holiday. But I nailed it. Not only did I get every single order right, I didn't even need to write them down. No one in the kitchen yelled at me. I was magic. From that day on, I waitressed like I was born to do it. Even the Mexican dishwasher gave me a thumbs up.

So I guess the moral of that story is that I need to be pushed from the airplane and told to fly, even though I don't have wings. Or maybe I do and I don't realize it until my life depends on it.

What Is This Warning Thing?

The cool thing about this blog is it seems to coach me when I do something wrong. Kinda cool. "Close your tags!" it yells at me. Hmm. Now that I've exhausted my time (the baby walked in...which should be the title of this blog, really).

Moment of truth: Now I hit "publish" and see what I've created!

No comments:

Post a Comment